What's new

Linksys WRT-1900ACS Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well, after all, the RT-AC88U is rated #1 in its category here. On the other hand, it's the only router in its category *smile*.

Other than not giving me my full ISP speed the router is working great in my application. I would definitely recommend this AC1900 router.

I've seen both - only way to really tell is to capture the uBoot bootstrap commands - there's been a lot of confusion between ACV2 and ACS - I've been reluctant to add to the conversation as it just confuses things even more.

I think the accurate statement is that with a WRT1900acV2, you'll get at least a 1.33GHz processor, and some might have the 1.60GHz CPU... in regular use, one would be really pressed to see the difference, both are pretty robust performers compared to some of the other Router SoC's in the AC1900 class.

OpenWRT treats AVv2 as a standalone model (cobra) and doesn't merge with the V1 (mamba) or ACS (shelby) builds...

Linksys could have managed this better, IMHO, and moved directly from ACv2 to ACS...

Just checked my ACS. On the sticker it says model WRT1900ACS. But the FCC code says WRT1900ACV2. What gives?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

FCC ID doesn't have to match the product model number.

It's what the FCC calls a "permissive" change, so it doesn't need to be recertified... is basically a document review outlining what specific changes were done.

New firmware for 1900acs v2 now up on the Linksys site. My router is not yet pulling this automagically. Has anybody tested it yet?

Firmware version: 2.0.1.177097
Release date: November 14, 2016

- Updated wireless driver
- Resolved security issues
- Resolved 5GHz disconnect issue

New firmware for 1900acs v2 now up on the Linksys site. My router is not yet pulling this automagically. Has anybody tested it yet?

Firmware version: 2.0.1.177097
Release date: November 14, 2016

- Updated wireless driver
- Resolved security issues
- Resolved 5GHz disconnect issue
I don't have WRT1900ACS V2 but I do know that needed fixes were tested in a WRT1900ACS V1 beta.

I recommend you manually upload the firmware. If it doesn't improve operation then use the Previous Firmware button to revert back to your previous firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!