What's new

Liquid Cooled PCs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FatherLandDescendant

Regular Contributor
So I'm wanting to build a liquid cooled PC this year. I have most of the regular hardware (MB/CPU, Fans, PSU, ECT.) for a computer build picked out, but I'm having trouble finding up-to-date info on parts manufacture for water cooling parts.

All of the stickies on forums for this type of build are woefully outdated and their sites have little activity. I know there was a problem with EK water blocks some time back with flaking of their nickel plating, can't find info as to if this has been resolved. As it stands I'm looking at building a complete Primochill loop because of lack of info for other vendors.

Does anyone here have any leads on active/semi-active forums for liquid cooling, or suggestions on parts manufactures for liquid cooling?

I would check the Asus ROG forums, I suspect plenty of gamers are using water cooling for overclocking.

Fatherlands, have been using Corsair AUI water-cooling for many years with our Asus and Gigabyte MBs, corsair has a user forum. Some searches (such as Corsair AOI forums) should point you in several directions.

Fatherlands, have been using Corsair AUI water-cooling for many years with our Asus and Gigabyte MBs, corsair has a user forum. Some searches (such as Corsair AOI forums) should point you in several directions.

I appreciate the feedback, I should have mentioned I want to do a custom built loop. I have a FractialDeisgn drop in unit cooling my CPU in my current machine, but I'm wanting to do a new build and to incorporate GPU into the loop as it gets hot sometimes when gaming unless I turn up the case fans and the GPUs fans which is loud.

Plus I've got my heart set on doing something showy and flashy, I'm going bend the acrylic tubing myself. I use to bend copper and galvanized pipe so have some experience there. Big case, colored fluid, and the LEDs on the MB, GPU, and some of the fans. So a showoff centerpiece of a build to spark conversation that will also be a more than capable PC as well.

FatherLand, We like Fractal cases (not sure about Fractial):) Everyone should do flashy/showy at some point, I did, once. As long as your connections are well-sealed and you have a good pump, and you have the budget, it will be fun!

FatherLand, We like Fractal cases (not sure about Fractial):) Everyone should do flashy/showy at some point, I did, once. As long as your connections are well-sealed and you have a good pump, and you have the budget, it will be fun!

Please excuse the misspelling, it happens irregularly with me. I have their Celsius S24 drop-in unit in my current build.

My current build is in a Cooler Master HAF XB II EVO case but it doesn't have glass side panels. Good case though at least I like it.

As for the budget, it's significant enough that if I have to go with a PrimoChill loop then so be it, but my budget is not unlimited. If I can keep it under 2k I'll be happy, and I just may scavaging a few parts from my current rig.

I built my desktop or I should say over built my desktop in 2012. As computer hardware goes it's an antique. At that time I picked a Corsair Hydro H60 to cool the Intel i5 3570k processor. It's been working for 7 years now with no problems. Didn't need it, just wanted it. It's easy to get carried away when picking parts for a new PC. No experience with other water coolers but if I were to build a new computer today I would probably look at Corsair again.

I built my desktop or I should say over built my desktop in 2012. As computer hardware goes it's an antique. At that time I picked a Corsair Hydro H60 to cool the Intel i5 3570k processor. It's been working for 7 years now with no problems

Cool - pardon the pun...

I was one of those PowerMac G5 owners that has problems back in the day...

https://www.bit-tech.net/

They're probably one of the better ones...

Thanks for the link. Little more current activity than most I've found in their W/C threads anyway. The ASUS forum suggested by RMerlin didn't pan out. The threads were old and they have EK sponsoring the site. I have found that EK was having problems with their platting flaking off on their water blocks and that they were reluctant to do anything about it. Don't think I'd find a warm reception if I want to shy away from their products and look for suggestions on their competitor's parts. o_O

Most forums have stickies that are almost 10 years old, and most of the links don't work:(

I've spent several weeks looking for some active forums, but with that nitch, there's really not that much forum wise. YouTube on the other hand...

Such is life, I decided to just go with a PrimoChill loop. Ordered my pump, reservoir, and radiator today from them, and the case and fans I ordered from NewEgg. That will get me started on what I need next.

I built my desktop or I should say over built my desktop in 2012.

I overbuilt my current machine 2 years ago, just looking to do something new.

As computer hardware goes it's an antique. At that time I picked a Corsair Hydro H60 to cool the Intel i5 3570k processor. It's been working for 7 years now with no problems.

Might not take much to update it. MB,CPU, and Ram. The i7 7700k processors have come down since the i9 released.

Didn't need it, just wanted it. It's easy to get carried away when picking parts for a new PC.

Yes, it is. This build is going to be more expensive than my last one, but that's because of the custom water loop.

No experience with other water coolers but if I were to build a new computer today I would probably look at Corsair again.

My Fractal cooler does fine keeping the CPU temps down, I'd have no misgivings running this machine for ten years, but like I said I'm wanting to do something new and flashy, and thereby make the bank card cry:p

Wow, that's almost $250 more than I paid. Of course it depends on the exact model which can vary all over the place.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!