What's new

vnStat Location of Data Files

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TonyK132

Where does vnStat keep its data files, both in JFFS mode and in USB mode? I reset my router to factory defaults and reloaded all the scripts, so I'd like to retain my previous data. Also, is there any way to merge the new data with the old data?

Where does vnStat keep its data files, both in JFFS mode and in USB mode? I reset my router to factory defaults and reloaded all the scripts, so I'd like to retain my previous data. Also, is there any way to merge the new data with the old data?
The location is in the config file at /opt/etc/vnstat.conf. The DatabaseDir instruction normally points to /opt/var/lib/vnstat/, with a file for each interface.

The location is in the config file at /opt/etc/vnstat.conf. The DatabaseDir instruction normally points to /opt/var/lib/vnstat/, with a file for each interface.
I think I found it at /opt/var/lib/vnstat/. For me there is nothing vnstat related at /opt/etc/vnstat.conf. But I just realized that since I have vnstat save its files on USB, that location is not backed up by nsrum, so I lost my old data files. But even if I did have them, it seems I would need a script to control Sqlite to add the old data into the new data file, so that would not have been an option for me.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!