What's new

Locked out of Admin Page - AsusWRT Merlin 380.67-0 on RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
I have already verified this is not due to being locked out because of some rate limiting or hack protection because no matter what browser I use, what machine I use, or what MAC I use, I cannot load the admin page at my router's IP address. The browser just spins forever without ever loading the page. Rebooting the router fixes it for a short time, but eventually it stops working again.

Any ideas on debugging the issue? I can connect by SSH without issue. When I entered the "top" command the shell hung. Even closing PuTTY and re-logging in I could not get the command prompt again. It just sat there blank after logging in with no prompt.

Code:
login as: admin
admin@192.168.1.1's password:

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC88U 380.67-0 Sun Jul 16 16:57:56 UTC 2017

EDIT - Syslog shows nothing since I last successfully logged in. I am not using HTTPS to access admin Web page.

Last edited:
Try rebooting with no USB disk plugged in, in case something is causing the router to run out of memory.

If it still fails, you will have to do a factory default reset.

I couldn't see the RAM usage after I experience the issue, of course. I don't have any USB devices attached. When I can load the admin pages it always is very low, like this:

bpaaCdV.png

If it continues to happen I'll try factory reset.

I too can't access the GUI any more. New RT-AC66U-B1 (I'm the winner of this months router giveaway, B1 with A1 hardware). On stock fw I had no trouble at all, and then I flashed merlin 380_68, and also had no trouble accessing the router UI. But now on second attempt after getting things working it no longer works when I try "192.168.1.1". Nothing happens at all. Just busy until the browser says can't access.

Any ideas?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!