What's new

Login to routers behind ac86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

beardhunter

New Around Here
Hi

I’m a new Merlin user just moved from dd-wrt

On my old router (dd-wrt) i could connect to the router(Huawei 4g) behind my dd-wrt router . The one that provides the internet through wan on the dd-wrt router. This was done by typing 192.168.8.1 (default for Huawei routers) in a browser.

On Merlin firmware i can’t Seem to connect to the Huawei router?

I did try to turn the firewall of in Merlin with no luck.

As the Merlin interface is new for me, i have no clue which setting that needs to be changed to get backwards access to the router attached to wan ?

Also my general knowledge about routing is obvious somewhat limited.

Can someone tell me which setting i’ve missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, after messing around some more, I´ve found out that disabling dual wan, does not always solve the problem. If i disconnect and reconnect the LAN cable from my isp router, I can connect in a short period of time.
Another "bug" is, if i make 2-3 changes in the ac86u´s settings in a row, the led´s which i have turned off, will turn on.
Updating the firmware to newest Beta 384.12_beta1-g69e0eaefe1 does not solve these issues..

Okay, after messing around some more, I´ve found out that disabling dual wan, does not always solve the problem. If i disconnect and reconnect the LAN cable from my isp router, I can connect in a short period of time.
Another "bug" is, if i make 2-3 changes in the ac86u´s settings in a row, the led´s which i have turned off, will turn on.
Updating the firmware to newest Beta 384.12_beta1-g69e0eaefe1 does not solve these issues..

After updating the firmware to the level you wanted, did you ever do a full reset to factory defaults? Immediately followed by a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP?

If you haven't done that recently, the M&M Config guide in my signature below is suggested to get your router to a good/known state. :)