What's new

Looks like ROG GTAC 2900 launches soon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shouldn't be long indeed, I have one here. (and no, I don't plan to support it, as it is a ROG product).

It looks suspiciously a lot like the RT-AC86U...

2d70678f1fda760fb3197f22a15469a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen one, but thought it was out. Read something here a while back.

Well, there goes another device that is ruined by RGB LEDs. :)

This one has DFS Channels it says on the product page which the 86U does not

Basically a flashier RT-AC86U with ASUS ROG interface. They even share the same FCC ID.

There must’ve been a special sale on LEDs and controller boards. Smh [emoji849]

Actually, I might prefer this look over the kinda Transformers-ish red and black ac68

More money for RT-AC86U with LED lights and NO Asuswrt-Merlin support.

One advantage (for some users) is that this model is wall-mountable. It was one of the design changes Asus mentioned about it. It also features the usual GT/ROG features, for those that are specifically looking for these.

One advantage (for some users) is that this model is wall-mountable.

I'm seeing it as a show off piece. Those lights are completely unrelated to what it does. Wall mountable bracket is an advantage for few. Missing on your features is a big disadvantage for many.

I'm seeing it as a show off piece. Those lights are completely unrelated to what it does. Wall mountable bracket is an advantage for few. Missing on your features is a big disadvantage for many.

It might not be your (or my) cup of tea, but a lot of people pay extra to get RGB lighting on their router, mouse, keyboard, motherboard, etc... It's like those people who like to pimp their car - it won't make it go faster, but for them spending time on customizing them is fun.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!