What's new

LOOSE RJ45 jacks: TWO BRAND NEW RT N66U's

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rma

I got the same N66U router and it was great until the ports started messing up and disconnecting me.
After going through asus support, I WILL NEVER buy from asus again. They have the worst support ever. I am told I need to also send in the router for them to check out before sending me a refurb. do they not understand that a router is a key component of a home network and ppl can't just disconnect and send it to them while we wait for a new one. absolutely pissed for buying this piece of junk router.

after some complaining i got connected with customer loyalty who agreed to swap my unit for a new one. but the delivery guy shows up to take my router and have nothing to swap with.

I have yet to get a new router and don't know what to do. I need a replacement router while i wait for this [expletive deleted] to replace the broken one but i don't wanna go out a buy another router.....

my router is from staples and started with D7xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar problem with my RT-N66U, Serial # D61A0800xxxx, FW Ver 3.0.0.4.376_1071
Purchased Aug 2013
Sitting on a shelf with CAT6 connected to all (4) LAN ports
I don't have the wiggling problem, because in that location the router never moves
All of a sudden last week, LAN port 2 & 4 have gone dead (no blue light at all)
Message has been sent to ASUS support

Same problem with my Asus K75VM laptop

Hello,
I bought my laptop Asus k75vm t2117V i7 3610QM around july 2012.
Since the beginning, I have had the same contact problem for the RJ45 Ethernet port and thought until now that is was likely linked to some abnormal stress in the early days (not that I remember of any). Not surprisingly, the problem is getting worse over time.
As it was mentionned in a previous post on this forum, I'll try that RJ45-STP cables and connectors that are supposed not to be subject to these disconnections.

Regards,

Aman Mam.

PS I post this for those with similar problems with laptops, maybe they got some other solution.

New-Egg "Asus Certified" units?

Hi, new member here. I'm a retired computer service tech and received a monthly "Refurbed units" email from New-Egg with a $20 promo code bring the price for a "Asus certified" RT-N66R to $79 with free shipping.
I've been thinking about replacing my mOnO wall router since this is advertised as having "open source" firmware I jumped on it.

I searched the internet and found this site, thanks for such an informative site:)

I ordered it yesterday and so it's obviously not going to arrive for a few days. I starting researching online and like what I've read until this thread.

Hopefully these units have been recycled with better rj45 connectors.

Here's the ad and the promo code is EMCWPHD25 that expires 11/1/14

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ers-_-33320154-L0G&et_cid=12407&et_rid=433433

I'll test my unit when it arrives and report back.

JoBo

Update. My refurbished unit arrived 10/29/14.
Serial # E71BGMIR00D6
I've never encountered such tight jj45 connectors.
The units works and has the latest Asus firmware. I'll be switching to John's "forked" version.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!