What's new

Lost 5 g after turning on then off smart connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

royarcher

Very Senior Member
I use a RT AC 88 U with Merlin magic (14.2) . I have a bit of trouble connecting to either the 2 or 5 g radio from time to time . I'll try and explain, sometimes say I am using an old windows phone just to net surf and I will have trouble connecting to one or the other radio's . Changing the band will always fix it so I thought I would try to use the smart connect and turned it on , changed my mind then turned it off again . No major surgery there so I don't understand why now both ssids name changed to r24 , which I obviously used to connect to the 2g radio so I can't see the 5g , named r5g anymore on any device I use with the router . Will a normal reset bring it back ? If not where is the setting to rename it again ? I knew where it was with asus wrt but not with Merlin magic thanks in advance PS when I say I was having trouble connecting to either Radio from time to time I actually meant that while on one of the radio's I have trouble loading pages . It is either very slow or times out and sometimes it disconnects and needs to be reconnected again

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!