What's new

Mac Address Blocking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Razor237

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
Sorry if this is a silly question, but here we go is it possible to Block Mac Addresses on the Lan like PC's or devices. I know i can block mac addresses from connecting to Wireless. I was looking for a way to do it on the wired side. i have a few Tivo Minis in my kids rooms and want a way to completely cut them off when they are in trouble or what not

thanks

Hello,
Sorry if this is a silly question, but here we go is it possible to Block Mac Addresses on the Lan like PC's or devices. I know i can block mac addresses from connecting to Wireless. I was looking for a way to do it on the wired side. i have a few Tivo Minis in my kids rooms and want a way to completely cut them off when they are in trouble or what not

thanks

then you use parental control or access control rules based on the ip and mac address

No I don't think that will work for LAN to LAN traffic as it is switched, only LAN to WAN.