What's new

Mac mini home server and need for a NAS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LOL
I have been accused of being 'out there' more than once - I have 40 yr old speakers that weigh more than our fridge and drive an old truck that had a 454, but it got tired so I replaced the engine with something bigger...
I seem to mix it up some old and some new junque - the apple experiment is as much a mental challenge as anything else. We don't ask too much out of our computing stuff but I am also trying to create a high performance digital music server, as part this effort. I am looking forward to assembling the last few pieces and then onto the next project...
Cheers

I had a Lacie but the fan went in 2 different boxes. I've had a GDrive 4TB Thunderbolt on my iMac now for 2 years. Silent and zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is the feedback I wanted to get - thanks
Lacie appears to have had some quality issues a few years back - anyone know if they have addressed them?
I'll spend some time looking over the g-drive
Cheers

Hi Stevech
I had hoped they might have turned their quality issues around but the risk that they haven't is too high, for me.
Off to research another vendor.
Cheers