What's new

Manual channel on smart connect?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matthew Patrick

Hey guys. I just want to know if on the newest AC86U firmware, we can change the control channel , channel bandwidth , etc when smart connect is on.. I know it was not possible. But today I was trying the demo asuswrt UI for the new ax88u (i think it was for this new one) and then even with smart connect turned on. I can still change the bandwidth mode etc. So I assume Asus has brought this on the ac86u? Thanks !![emoji4][emoji4]

Hey guys. I just want to know if on the newest AC86U firmware, we can change the control channel , channel bandwidth , etc when smart connect is on.. I know it was not possible. But today I was trying the demo asuswrt UI for the new ax88u (i think it was for this new one) and then even with smart connect turned on. I can still change the bandwidth mode etc. So I assume Asus has brought this on the ac86u? Thanks !![emoji4][emoji4]

Still fixed to Auto with Smart Connect enabled on an 86U 45717.

OE

Still fixed to Auto with Smart Connect enabled on an 86U 45717.

OE
Oh. Still can't be changed eh? On your case. Does the 2.4ghz use the 20 or 40mhz? And does the 5ghz use the 20 or 40 or 80 mhz? Also does smart connect now kicks clients back and forth nicer? As in it feels smooth (aka the phone still connected and the data just keeps going with minimal delay) ? Last question . In your case , when in RSSI does the 5ghz becomes slow. Still usable , but enough to make you want to move to 2.4ghz band? Thank you so much [emoji4]

Also if it's not too much to ask. Could you go to a range from the wireless router and screenshot both 5ghz and 2.4ghz strength at the same place? Thanks so much !

Oh. Still can't be changed eh? On your case. Does the 2.4ghz use the 20 or 40mhz? And does the 5ghz use the 20 or 40 or 80 mhz? Also does smart connect now kicks clients back and forth nicer? As in it feels smooth (aka the phone still connected and the data just keeps going with minimal delay) ? Last question . In your case , when in RSSI does the 5ghz becomes slow. Still usable , but enough to make you want to move to 2.4ghz band? Thank you so much [emoji4]

Also if it's not too much to ask. Could you go to a range from the wireless router and screenshot both 5ghz and 2.4ghz strength at the same place? Thanks so much !

Auto 2.4 GHz uses 20 MHz.

Auto 5.0 GHz uses 80 MHz.

I don't use WiFi calling. Tunein streaming isn't perfect and does glitch sometimes going node-to-node. But not band-to-band since that device is a cheap 2.4 GHz mobile. Maybe I'll have time to test this with her dual-band Nexus 5x.

I have not observed the 5 GHz speed transition at range. Sorry, but my wireless usage is not that mobile... and my device that does get around the yard is 2.4 GHz only, so not a dual-band test.

OE

Auto 2.4 GHz uses 20 MHz.

Auto 5.0 GHz uses 80 MHz.

I don't use WiFi calling. Tunein streaming isn't perfect and does glitch sometimes going node-to-node. But not band-to-band since that device is a cheap 2.4 GHz mobile. Maybe I'll have time to test this with her dual-band Nexus 5x.

I have not observed the 5 GHz speed transition at range. Sorry, but my wireless usage is not that mobile.

OE

Oh thanks so much for the response!! Appreciate it..

Anyways. If it's not much of a hassle , could you see if on your phone or her Nexus 5x . When it roams if the device's wifi indicator just updated with the new higher signal or does it disconnect for a moment and then reconnects?

Also in your opinion. Does the default smart connect roaming assistant values work nicely? Or do you mod it yourself? Thanks ![emoji4]

Oh thanks so much for the response!! Appreciate it..

Anyways. If it's not much of a hassle , could you see if on your phone or her Nexus 5x . When it roams if the device's wifi indicator just updated with the new higher signal or does it disconnect for a moment and then reconnects?

Also in your opinion. Does the default smart connect roaming assistant values work nicely? Or do you mod it yourself? Thanks ![emoji4]

The default RA RSSI thresholds work ok here.

I'll see about testing roaming with the Nexus 5x. I did many firmwares ago but things have changed since then. I have a busy day today and a hip replacement in the morning so if you don't hear back from me right away, you'll know why. Others here may be able to share their roaming experience with their devices.

OE

The default RA RSSI thresholds work ok here.

I'll see about testing roaming with the Nexus 5x. I did many firmwares ago but things have changed since then. I have a busy day today and a hip replacement in the morning so if you don't hear back from me right away, you'll know why. Others here may be able to share their roaming experience with their devices.

OE

Oh thanks so much for the help! And I hope you'll have a speedy recovery!! [emoji4][emoji4]

Hi Matthew, I read your material, I don't know you but I read about your upcoming hip surgery and no router is going to fix that, lol. God bless you and a speedy recovery!

Hi Matthew, I read your material, I don't know you but I read about your upcoming hip surgery and no router is going to fix that, lol. God bless you and a speedy recovery!
Hey it's not my hip that's getting a surgery hehe. It's Ozark's [emoji14] . But yeah me too. God bless him and I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Hey it's not my hip that's getting a surgery hehe. It's Ozark's [emoji14] . But yeah me too. God bless him and I hope he has a speedy recovery!

Thanks, all! My mid-life soccer playing days are over... I wore out my dominant plant foot hip joint. :( It was worth it... I hope!

My convalescent plan is to binge watch the 2019 Women's World Cup (on FOX and FS1)... go USA!

OE

Thanks, all! My mid-life soccer playing days are over... I wore out my dominant plant foot hip joint. :( It was worth it... I hope!

My convalescent plan is to binge watch the 2019 Women's World Cup (on FOX and FS1)... go USA!

OE
Nice!!! Ok then. Also, don't forget to test the smart connect after you've recovered [emoji14]