What's new

Many log events - WLCEVENTD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

so i rebooted the 86U after explicitly setting the log level = 5 (the level was already set to 5) but WLCEVENTD log messages (Authorizations, Disassociations and ReAssociations) are still filling up the system log. the involved MAC addresses are all associated with iPhones.

anyway, @Butterfly Bones posted the explanation above, thanks.
This squence of ssh commands should really do the job to change the log_level:
  1. nvram set log_level=5
  2. nvram commit
  3. reboot
Set, commit to NVRAM and reboot.

No matter you hide or show them, the WLCEVENTD events should be explainable: usually devices that get powered down and powered up or devices like phones that you take away from home and bring back in.
In the recent past I have also seen WLCEVENTD events that seems to be related to devices trying to connect but fail (people walking by on the street with a phone that tries to connect?).

For the WLCEVENTD events it also doesn't matter if an iPhone (or other device) has a Private MAC address, the only difference it causes is that you might not immediately recognize the MAC address as one being from a known device, the DHCP Leases overview will give a clue (assuming you recognize the Host name).

Why is this still an issue AFTER I was done RAISING THE LOG_LEVEL to 5 (two years later)?

Code:
syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(527): wl0.3: Auth 50:8A:06:05:1C:11, status: Successful (0), rssi:0

Model: ASUS RT-AC68U
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.386_45934

Why is this still an issue AFTER I was done RAISING THE LOG_LEVEL to 5 (two years later)?

Code:
syslog: wlceventd_proc_event(527): wl0.3: Auth 50:8A:06:05:1C:11, status: Successful (0), rssi:0

Apparently varies with the firmware release for one's router. Just changed the syslog log level from 6 to 5 and lost about 100lbs of ugly daily wlceventd messages on the GT-AX6000 I recently adopted. The AX6000 is using the latest Asus firmware for it, 47629. Very happy to be rid of all those useless, repetitive messages, makes the log much more useful.

Code:

If things in the log bother you and the router is working well just ignore the log. Simple solution.

I am not 100% sure about this. But I too was seeing many (way too many) "Disassociated because sending station is leaving" and similar/related items in the log on my new GS-AX3000 router. In my case, it was not just that having them in the log was an issue but I could tell from the client list connection times that devices were actually disconnecting and re-connecting again. In my case, ALL of these were for IoT/Smart Home devices on the 2.4G wifi. I read elsewhere that beam forming only really works with devices that know how to deal with it properly. I figured that many of my devices were old and/or cheap and perhaps could not do so properly. So I decided to disable all beam forming on that wifi and it appears that the vast majority of this has stopped. I have one device, an outdoor camera, that is the furthest away from the router and I have seen it loose connection and reconnect in this way when before (with beam forming) it seemed pretty solid. Of course, YMMV. Cheers

Any fix for this, my TV whuch has IPTV in it disconnects a lot

GT-AX11000 with AC86U Mesh

Dissacoiatons, lost HTTP connection, left... something

Jan 31 22:46:18 roamast: [EXAP]Deauth old sta in 1 0: XXXXXXXXXX
Jan 31 22:46:18 roamast: eth7: disconnect weak signal strength station [XXXXXXXX]
Jan 31 22:46:18 roamast: eth7: remove client [5c:ea:1d:5b:11:33] from monitor list
Jan 31 22:46:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth7: Deauth_ind XXXXXXXX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Jan 31 22:46:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth7: Deauth_ind XXXXXXX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Jan 31 22:46:21 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(491): eth7: Deauth_ind XXXXXXX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3), rssi:0
Jan 31 22:46:22 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(508): eth7: Disassoc XXXX, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8), rssi:0

Jan 31 22:47:04 miniupnpd[27376]: HTTP Connection from 192.168.1.26 closed unexpectedly

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!