What's new

Media Bridge or Client Bridge

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

apvm

Regular Contributor
Hi I have a AC68U with DDWRT as Client Bridge connected to my TV, Mibox and PS3 with ethernet cable, main Router is a Linksys WRT1900AC, two weeks ago, The WRT1900AC went dead and I got a AC86U, I am now wondering should I flash the AC68U back to Asus firmware and set it as a Media bridge . Will it work better than ddwrt client bridge since both router are now Asus. Thanks.

In Media Bridge mode, the router is just another wireless client to the main router. If you're having no issues, there is no reason to flash it back to Asus' firmware.

But I would. :)

Hi I have a AC68U with DDWRT as Client Bridge connected to my TV, Mibox and PS3 with ethernet cable, main Router is a Linksys WRT1900AC, two weeks ago, The WRT1900AC went dead and I got a AC86U, I am now wondering should I flash the AC68U back to Asus firmware and set it as a Media bridge . Will it work better than ddwrt client bridge since both router are now Asus. Thanks.

If the new AC86U leaves you wanting extended WiFi coverage (probably not), then you could try Asuswrt on the AC68U and a wireless AiMesh... and see whether or not the AiMesh shared wireless backhaul is good enough for your former media bridge wired clients.

OE

If the new AC86U leaves you wanting extended WiFi coverage (probably not), then you could try Asuswrt on the AC68U and a wireless AiMesh... and see whether or not the AiMesh shared wireless backhaul is good enough for your former media bridge wired clients.

OE
Thank you.

if u were on ethernet cable between WRT1900AC and AC68U, then now the setup should be AC86U as main AiMesh Router, AC68U as AIMesh Node. Once AiMesh is setup, connect from AC86U's LAN Port to the AC68U's WAN port (with your old ethernet cable between the WRT1900AC and AC68U). in this case, the AC68U's LAN Ports should work as a switch for the main router as your old time for PS3, TV..... and the Wireless AP on the AC68U is your extra wifi Mesh AP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!