What's new

Media Briged Clients Not Appearing on Client List (AX88U/AX58U)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sween

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-AX88U as my primary router and an RT-AX58U as my media bridge; both are running the latest Merlin firmware (384.17). While the clients connect fine, they do not appear on the RT-AX88U's "client list" which makes port forwarding and other things annoying.

Previously, I used an RT-AC87U as the media bridge and had the same problem, but I assumed it was simply because the RT-AC87U was old.

Interestingly, if I use my really old RT-N66U with the legacy firmware (380.70_0) as the media bridge, it (the N66U) and the connected clients appear on the "client list" of the RT-AX88U along with their respective IPs and MACs.

Did you ever work this out? I have exactly the same setup and exactly the same issue.

Are you saying to see NOTHING at all? Just completely missing?

Not sure why this would be the case, but have you tried establishing static leases for these clients? Does it help? If you're port forwarding to these devices, it only makes sense to do so anyway. Plus if it works, you'll be able to see the hostnames too.