What's new

Merlin 380.61 AC87 slow wired external traffic vs stock Asus FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neurogenesis

Occasional Visitor
So my problem stands with transfer speeds on a gigabit internet connection (att gigapower). On the stock Asus FW I can get ~980 up/down but I am topping out at 297 on the Merlin FW. I have disabled the following in hopes that it would fix it but I cant seem to shake the problem:

• NAT Loopback
  • adaptive QOS/QOS
  • traffic analyzer
  • Jumbo Frame
  • NAT Accel
  • Spanning Tree Protocol
  • Infected Device Prevention and Blocking
I should note that the CPU usage during the speedtest rockets up to 100%, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Is there something else I should be doing here? I was following some of the guidance in this thread : http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-378-53-is-now-available.24172/

Thanks for the guidance.

NAT Acceleration MUST be enabled (otherwise you will top out at about 300Mbps as you are seeing).

Traditional QoS and per IP Traffic monitoring will automatically disable NAT acceleration and cannot be used when trying to obtain the higher throughput.

After making any changes to the above settings, reboot the router. Then check the status of HW Acceleration (another name for NAT acceleration) on the Tools>Sysinfo page to make sure it's enabled.

Its turned off:
BrWqOZL.png

bZjw6j1.png

Have you enabled NAT acceleration, then rebooted and rechecked the Tools page status as suggested?

Have you enabled NAT acceleration, then rebooted and rechecked the Tools page status as suggested?
not only that, i was disabling CPU intensive items one by one and rebooting after each one trying to isolate what might be causing it.

So, if you enable NAT Acceleration and hit Apply, it goes back to being Disabled?

So, if you enable NAT Acceleration and hit Apply, it goes back to being Disabled?
Only two options were Disabled and Auto. If I set to Auto it goes back to disabled. From there checking status there was an message next to disabled "Incompatible with IPtraffic" Which in itself is weird because I don't have any QoS on. (I cant find anything else that looks like it would enable/disable anything having to do with traffic monitoring, outside of the statistic tab on traffic monitoring, which is also off.)

first off, thank you for showing me that, i didnt know it was over there.

now, something weird just happened. i turned off iptraffic, and set NAT Accell to Auto... and i got this:
uCTqlJt.png

The upload is about half of what it is supposed to be, but the download is MUCH better. Thank you!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!