What's new

Merlin 384.18

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@RMerlin can move it if decided feasible. BTW on my AX88U I have similar but not the same problem. The large "speedometer" (total upload) in the upper part of the page shows upload speeds correctly. But "by client" measurement below is totally wrong. Currently my file server is uploading torrent data with approximately 240 kB/s (1920 kbit/s), indicated by Transmission Remote GUI. The large "speedometer" shows 0.02 from 100 Mbit/s, which is almost correct. But the small one for my file server shows about 14 kbit/s, which is far from the truth. Currently the file server is the only device in my LAN that uploads significant amount of data. Really weird ....
View attachment 24470
Yeah really odd. Do you use the ASUS app as mine works fine? Also the Internet traffic usage gauges on the Status page seem to work too.

Yeah, all the QoS settings and then a reboot with no success.

What model router and connection speeds ?

Also was it working on the previous firmware?

Yeah really odd. Do you use the ASUS app as mine works fine? Also the Internet traffic usage gauges on the Status page seem to work too.
I do not use Asus app. I am too paranoid - it poses security risk. The usage gauges on main page work fine. BTW I finally managed to reproduce your issue. After some playing with different scales and pushing Apply button several times the page now shows all zeroes :) while my file server continues to upload torrent data.
Screenshot_2020-07-02 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX88U - WAN LAN Bandwidth Monitor(1).png

Restarting http daemon via scMerlin did not changed the situation. I cannot test right now if rebooting the router will help, because my wife will kill me :)

I do not use Asus app. I am too paranoid - it poses security risk. The usage gauges on main page work fine. BTW I finally managed to reproduce your issue. After some playing with different scales and pushing Apply button several times the page now shows all zeroes :) while my file server continues to upload torrent data.
View attachment 24472

Does the Internet traffic gauge on the network map page also show nothing?

And +1 on not using the asus app do not want the web ui open to the wan.

It shows correct values.

Very strange.

I also tried making some changes in there and hitting apply a few times, the screen will refresh after each apply but it always works for me.

Does the Internet traffic gauge on the network map page also show nothing?

And +1 on not using the asus app do not want the web ui open to the wan.
Unless I’m mistaken you can lock it to LAN only and HTTPS. That’s how I have it. Remote access via the WAN is disabled.

Unless I’m mistaken you can lock it to LAN only and HTTPS. That’s how I have it. Remote access via the WAN is disabled.

This works if you are only using it on the Wifi and don't need to use the app remotely so that I understand.

I would wait for a few more eyes to look at the thread, worse case if you really need to see that info revert back to previous firmware.

We will need more AX88U users to test this.

What model router and connection speeds ?

Also was it working on the previous firmware?
AX88U always worked with previous firmwares. Connection is 50/33 Mbits. QoS disabled and never been enabled ever.

AX88U always worked with previous firmwares. Connection is 50/33 Mbits. QoS disabled and never been enabled ever.

That question was for Tommy.

Your model is in your sig :)

That question was for Tommy.

Your model is in your sig :)
Right. Weirdly if I disable QoS completely it makes no difference however if I change it to Bandwidth limiter instead, everything works. I did use to have it set to BL a couple of weeks ago but changed to Adaptive QoS prior to the firmware upgrade.

For me QOS is disabled since I don't need it.

And that is an interesting change.

For me QOS is disabled since I don't need it.

And that is an interesting change.
Not entirely convinced i need QoS as it is very limited with internet circuits and especially broadband anyway. Bandwidth Limiter is probably more effective in protecting bandwidth but obviously limits it all the time which isn't necessary.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!