What's new

amtm merlin 386.3_2/amtm 3.1.7 :: segmentation faults

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adriansev

Occasional Visitor
Hi! looking over atmt after some time i see segmentation fault when running in the main screen (or 4-5 seg faults when trying to upgrade)
Any idea what is going on? (given that amtm is part of firmware i think i can exclude the bad usb flash)
Thanks a lot!
Adrian

Attachments

• main_menu.png
    main_menu.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 161
Welcome to the forums @adriansev.

Why are you not using amtm 3.2.0?

the latest merlin firmware have what you see, and the running of that and the upgrade function give the mentioned segmentation faults
moreover, even if i download the latest version and i put it either in root/bin or in /jffs/scripts and start it explicitly, the same 3.1.7 version will run and the
wired thing is that the latest script that i tried to run will be deleted.

the latest merlin firmware have what you see, and the running of that and the upgrade function give the mentioned segmentation faults
moreover, even if i download the latest version and i put it either in root/bin or in /jffs/scripts and start it explicitly, the same 3.1.7 version will run and the
wired thing is that the latest script that i tried to run will be deleted.
This is the firmware version of amtm, there is nothing to download manually in that version.
Use the r command in amtm to reset it, then run the „amtm“ command again to let it do the initializing.
No third party apps are removed when doing this.

If you still see the segmentation fault then I‘m afraid you‘d have to format the jffs partition from the router UI.
This action will remove portions or all of third party apps, so just reinstall after.

thanks a lot for advice and info! it would seem that there is something funny with the usb flash: after reformatting the jffs, amtm run without problems,
but as soon as enabled entware and i chose to use previous installation, the segmentation faults appeared in amtm menus. I think that i will have to
replace the flash with an m2 small drive and an adapter ..

im staring to have exactly the same issue but still havent performed any changes or formatting in my drive. could you please provide us an update on your issue? were you able to solve it by replacing the usb drive?

oh, sorry! yes, the usb flash was mostly unusable anymore, in fact after the first few times fiddling with it after removing from router, it became completly dead. so, yes, most probable if things become funny with the usb, most probable is a hardware failure... in my case i blame it on the temperature, as the cpu is at 79-80 (celsius) constantly ...

thanks. im not able to replace the usb since im not on-premises. i will schedule this replacement soon.
for now, i have reinstalled entware from scratch and solved the segmentation fault issue that was showing when trying to start pixelserv.

my router is an usb killer. there is no usb that lasts more than a year :(

I stopped using USB thumb drives and swapped to this instead:
Samsung Pro Endurance MicroSD 32GB - Designed for surveillance cameras, rated for 17,520 hours of video.
NpMNbkd.jpg

+
UGreen SD Card Reader 5Gbps Aluminum - Slots face downward on AC/AX-86U & AC/AX-68U.
6c4Gwrg.jpg

:)