What's new

Merlin Firmware - use reboot scheduler or not?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlueOrbit

Regular Contributor
What is the best practice on using the reboot scheduler? I always have mine OFF and I typically don't reboot my router between firmware updates (AX86U).

Is there any reason to start using the reboot scheduler?

What is the best practice on using the reboot scheduler? I always have mine OFF and I typically don't reboot my router between firmware updates (AX86U).

Is there any reason to start using the reboot scheduler?
If you're not experiencing any serious issues that only a reboot would fix, I wouldn't bother. ;)

And if you're experiencing any issues that a reboot fixes (temporarily) then it is time to find the root cause of the problem (s) and correct them.

Using the reboot scheduler is never a good idea in a well-working network.

And if you're experiencing any issues that a reboot fixes (temporarily) then it is time to find the root cause of the problem (s) and correct them.

Using the reboot scheduler is never a good idea in a well-working network.
That's the reason I started weaning my router off weekly reboots (possibly prompted by a similar post of yours) only to find memory leaks in networkmap and asd - so until Asus release a GPL with fixes, weekly reboots it is.