What's new

Merlin support for RT-AX86S

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSmith

New Around Here
Can you confirm if there is intention to add the new RT-AX86S to the list of supported devices? The ASUS site shows it as having the same firmware image as the RT-AX86U.

Is it possible the current version of Merlin that already supports the RT-AX86U would work on the S version anyway? It appears to be the same unit but with a lower spec processor. Is there any great risk in trying it?

Can you confirm if there is intention to add the new RT-AX86S to the list of supported devices? The ASUS site shows it as having the same firmware image as the RT-AX86U.

Is it possible the current version of Merlin that already supports the RT-AX86U would work on the S version anyway? It appears to be the same unit but with a lower spec processor. Is there any great risk in trying it?
I do sincerly hope so!

I want a merlin Firmware for an RT-AX86S. I really do!

@RMerlin How does it look? Will there be support? Please?!

regards

Haha. This is a funny thread. Had my ax86s for more than a year with Merlin.

it’s true it could be made a bit more obvious though. Having said that, even stock ASUS FW is same for both models.

it’s true it could be made a bit more obvious though.
It's listed right on the About page that lists all supported models, it can't be made more "obvious":

Locking this, since this has been addressed a year ago when support was added.

Status
Not open for further replies.