What's new

Merlin update question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arkhane

Occasional Visitor
Hello.

I installed Merlin a few days ago and so far I must say that I am more than happy having done it.

Question about updates:

1) how frequently Merlin is updated? I have retrieved all update from Asus for the RT-AX58U since I have it (about 14 months ago) and I had 13 updates. Will it be quiet the same with Merlin?

2) with asuswrt we are informed in the GUI when a new update is ready for download....an icon pop up on the top of the GUI. Is this the same for Merlin or I need to regularily see the webiste if a new version is available?

Thank you

with asuswrt we are informed in the GUI when a new update is ready for download....an icon pop up on the top of the GUI. Is this the same for Merlin
It is, the only difference is the popup won't give you the option to download and install automatically, it will just point you at the download folder on Sourceforge.

This should give you a pretty good idea how things go for Stable releases.

1612542604870.png

Hello.

I installed Merlin a few days ago and so far I must say that I am more than happy having done it.

Question about updates:

1) how frequently Merlin is updated? I have retrieved all update from Asus for the RT-AX58U since I have it (about 14 months ago) and I had 13 updates. Will it be quiet the same with Merlin?

2) with asuswrt we are informed in the GUI when a new update is ready for download....an icon pop up on the top of the GUI. Is this the same for Merlin or I need to regularily see the webiste if a new version is available?

Thank you

@RMerlin has a nice user script option (update-notification) that is called when an update is available. I use the script to email / text me a note when an update is available.

More info on Merlin's user scripts can be found here;

Last edited: