What's new

mesh/ Asus AIMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

houghton19

Regular Contributor
Hi everyone, Im looking for a little advice on what im best doing going forward. I have networked for a while now but only at a basic level.

So my current setup is Modem > Asus 5300> ethernet plugs> Pc.
My router is at the front of the house where the Openreach socket is. I cannot ethernet from router to pc as I'm in a semi detached and pc is in the conservatory, both on the wall I'm adjoined too. because of the conservatory and the other two rooms i have 2 walls between the router and pc wifi if i was to use that.

i have found that the homeplugs were ok ( Aztech Solwise 1200AV), i was getting 55meg coming into the house and about the same at my PC. I managed to get a free ZTLink G.fast modem and this has improved my speed to about 75meg. I haven't changed anything networking wise and i am now getting about 25/30meg at pc plus struggling to stream videos from my pc to shield. (shield connected to a 3rd homeplug).

SOOOOO..... I may be getting a little bit too excited early but i found a article saying my village i live in could should be getting FTTP in 3 months, so now i want to know, would i be best in buying a mid priced mesh system (trying to be as cost effective as possible but still stream 4k from pc)
OR, as i already have a asus router, keep this and buy a cheaper 2nd hand AIMesh router and use like a access point to my pcs ethernet?

thanks in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!