What's new

Mesh messages in syslog while Mesh not being used/defined

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GSpock

Hi,
I am getting those messages in syslog while I am not using Mesh. The MAC address reported is the one of my Synology NAS. Any idea why this is showing-up ?

1614063622724.png

Hi,
I am getting those messages in syslog while I am not using Mesh. The MAC address reported is the one of my Synology NAS. Any idea why this is showing-up ?

View attachment 31124
same here. if you're running scribe then create a new filter in /opt/etc/syslog-ng.d called aimesh with below contents:
Code:
# put unused aimesh messages into /opt/var/log/aimesh.log

destination d_aimesh { 
    file("/opt/var/log/aimesh.log");
};

filter f_aimesh {
    (message("already exist in UDB, can't add it") or
    message("not mesh client, can't update it's ip"));
};

log {
    source(src);
    filter(f_aimesh);
    destination(d_aimesh);
    flags(final);
};

#eof
and then use option rl in scribe

same here. if you're running scribe then create a new filter in /opt/etc/syslog-ng.d called aimesh with below contents:
Code:
# put unused aimesh messages into /opt/var/log/aimesh.log

destination d_aimesh {
    file("/opt/var/log/aimesh.log");
};

filter f_aimesh {
    (message("already exist in UDB, can't add it") or
    message("not mesh client, can't update it's ip"));
};

log {
    source(src);
    filter(f_aimesh);
    destination(d_aimesh);
    flags(final);
};

#eof
and then use option rl in scribe

Thanks. I am not using scribe ... :oops:

Thanks. I am not using scribe ... :oops:
I highly recommend it, along with a shameless plug of uiScribe. It allows you to still log everything but "clean up" the messages log by pushing log lines from certain programs, or matching text, into their own dedicated log files.

I appreciate this is working around the issue which is Asus want to log AiMesh-y stuff despite AiMesh not being used, but it is what it is.

This was one of the things I wanted to do with scribe, so thank you for that! Also, I can't quite figure out how to set the logging level properly and where with the level() function. Any thoughts on where I'd insert that function call to only log specific levels (I know the function arguments I need, I just can't get the correct syntax when adding the function).

This was one of the things I wanted to do with scribe, so thank you for that! Also, I can't quite figure out how to set the logging level properly and where with the level() function. Any thoughts on where I'd insert that function call to only log specific levels (I know the function arguments I need, I just can't get the correct syntax when adding the function).
I'm not sure on levels, I tend to let syslog-ng gobble everything for a specific program/string match

Happy to be corrected, but I thought that syslog-ng always grabs everything (from debug on up), in contrast to syslogd where you can set both the collection and display levels, from 7 (debug) to 0 (emergency).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!