What's new

Microsoft Teams connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry all to bring this back thread back up, but oddly Teams works fine on MacOS. No connection drops. It's only on Windows 10 desktop where the connection drops.

My work laptop is on Windows 10 Enterprise (1809) Build 17763.1935.

Can anyone on the latest Win 10 update confirm if it works for them using AC68U?
You're company IT needs to upgrade your Win 10 build 1809 is EOL since November 10, 2020

Update - I just turned on Adaptive QoS on my AC68U and Teams seems to work so far. I will keep monitoring other applications if they are impacted.

Glad you got it working.

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my ASUS AC68U (v386.2_6) where Microsoft Teams drops the connection after 10 seconds. Even though I'm connected to my company's VPN, it still drops the connection.

The issue is very similar to that reported here, NAT Issue - Microsoft Teams connection drops. When I disable NAT Acceleration, it works, however, that drastically reduces my network speed.

Any suggestions/help on this matter would be appreciated. Is there something I can enable in the port forwarding or any other configuration?

Thank you.
I also have the same problem with ASUS RT-AC88U and solved by disable NAT Acceleration or Disable Adavtive QOS. But by disable Adavtive QOS we mising useful ASUS router feature.

I using Version 3.0.0.4.386.45898

Last edited:
I also have the same problem with ASUS RT-AC88U and solved by disable NAT Acceleration or Adavtive QOS. But by disable Adavtive QOS we mising useful ASUS router feature.

I using Version 3.0.0.4.386.45898
Sorry, in my case, I had to enable Adaptive QoS, not disable it. What features are we missing by enabling/disabling it?

Sorry, in my case, I had to enable Adaptive QoS, not disable it. What features are we missing by enabling/disabling it?
What mode are you using? I use Work Form Home the result of microsoft teams drop every 15 second.

Until now I still disable NAT Acceleration

Attachments

• mode.png
    mode.png
    564.7 KB · Views: 113
I will try to activate NAT Accelerator and Selected media Streaming from Adaptive QOS. I will let you know the results tomorrow or the day after.

I have Customize selected. See screenshot.

Attachments

• 2021-11-08_094612.png
    2021-11-08_094612.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 137
Problem Solved.
Microsoft Teams connection dropped when I selected Work From Home. When I check Traffic cassification no package which is classified by Work From Home

I Just Change QOS type from Work From Home to Learn From Home and problem solved

Thank You All

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 139
There is no Enterprise in LTSC, it's LTSB 2016, LTSC 2019 or LTSC 2021 (and all the IoT/Amd versions)
The word Enterprise is part of the Pro range.

Nb. I've never had any issues with Teams with QOS on or off, this may very well be an ISP issue and not a router issue.

There is no Enterprise in LTSC, it's LTSB 2016, LTSC 2019 or LTSC 2021 (and all the IoT/Amd versions)
The word Enterprise is part of the Pro range.

Nb. I've never had any issues with Teams with QOS on or off, this may very well be an ISP issue and not a router issue.
I have Netgear R8000 router, microsoft teams it always runs smoothly with Netgear R8000 . Problems will arise when using ASUS with QOS Active and chose mode Work From Home

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!