What's new

Microsoft Teams connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, in nvram.
Code:
fc_pt_udp_war=0
fc_pt_war=0
Interesting. I wonder where/when it's created/updated then. I couldn't find anything in the github search. Maybe it comes from the CFE.

EDIT: Oh, OK. It is in defaults.c, it's just github being silly.

Applying this code, fixed the issue.

nvram set ctf_pt_udp=1
nvram commit
service reboot

An update, unfortunately, this broke other applications. FaceTime started dropping calls and I started noticing connectivity issues with Nest.

I have reverted this change and will probably just upgrade my router as suggested earlier.

An update, unfortunately, this broke other applications. FaceTime started dropping calls and I started noticing connectivity issues with Nest.

I have reverted this change and will probably just upgrade my router as suggested earlier.
Please don't give up on this or let this be "solved". Teams/Zoom/FaceTime/theOthers are fighting over this WFH territory and you are on to something.

You've got @john9527 , @dave14305 and @ColinTaylor engaged on this and I'm hoping they will suss this out like so many other things!!

Last edited:

It might be worth seeing what this variable is set to. If it's set to 2 try changing it to 1.
Code:
nvram get ctf_fa_mode

Out of interest - I have been using teams in a zscaler environment flawlessly for about a year, cabled to a RT-AC68

Since my most recent Asus firmware update (3.0.0.4.386_43129) non Merlin) - I now can't hold a call on teams at all.

I will be reverting to older firmware for testing.

It might be worth seeing what this variable is set to. If it's set to 2 try changing it to 1.

It's not set to anything.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U-0E70:/tmp/home/root# nvram get ctf_fa_mode
admin@RT-AC68U-0E70:/tmp/home/root#

Returns nothing.

It's not set to anything.
Code:
admin@RT-AC68U-0E70:/tmp/home/root# nvram get ctf_fa_mode
admin@RT-AC68U-0E70:/tmp/home/root#

Returns nothing.
OK. Your model must not support FA. So there's nothing to turn off (which is what I was suggesting you try).

Please don't give up on this or let this be "solved". Teams/Zoom/FaceTime/theOthers are fighting over this WFH territory and you are on to something.

You've got @john9527 , @dave14305 and @ColinTaylor engaged on this and I'm hoping they will suss this out like so many other things!!

To be clear, this is only an issue for non-HND devices ... based on my quick review of this thread.

Hi All, another strange behavior I've noticed is if I reboot the router, the Teams call go through once, but after, they start dropping. Not sure what changes after establishing the first call that any subsequent calls just drop.

I'm on AC68U. As mentioned above, this issues affects non-HND devices.

That is the fix for non-HND devices.
Seems like this is the fix for more than one issue with non HND routers. I'm just wondering how I operated for 4 years without ever bumping into an issue with CTF. It seems suddenly in the last few months that many things are affected. I'm thinking of Apple's scandal with sending updates that slowed older iPhones to encourage upgrades. I don't have any evidence of that, but it comes to mind in my circumstances.

Seems like this is the fix for more than one issue with non HND routers. I'm just wondering how I operated for 4 years without ever bumping into an issue with CTF. It seems suddenly in the last few months that many things are affected. I'm thinking of Apple's scandal with sending updates that slowed older iPhones to encourage upgrades. I don't have any evidence of that, but it comes to mind in my circumstances.
I agree. Turning off NAT acceleration has bigger implication for me from a speed perspective, so that's really not an option.

I feel these issues primarily started happening after update to v386.2 (2-Apr-2021). I cannot fully confirm as I haven't downgraded to test. From my Teams logs, I was successfully able to make calls prior to Apr 2021.

Sorry all to bring this back thread back up, but oddly Teams works fine on MacOS. No connection drops. It's only on Windows 10 desktop where the connection drops.

My work laptop is on Windows 10 Enterprise (1809) Build 17763.1935.

Can anyone on the latest Win 10 update confirm if it works for them using AC68U?

WIn10 1909 Enterprise RT-AX86U, AnyConnect, Teams, FlexQos all rock solid, using reserved IP, the second is my wife using her works desktop via an old Netgear extender, not sure of Win10 version as lockdown.

1628611032638.png

Update - I just turned on Adaptive QoS on my AC68U and Teams seems to work so far. I will keep monitoring other applications if they are impacted.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!