What's new

Mimo question - how many streams

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Woody1

Occasional Visitor
I have an AC-68U. Is there a way I can tell how many streams a wifi client device is using? For example, I have devices that are capable of 2x2 MIMO. I want to find out if they're connecting to my router/access point with 1 or 2 streams.

I have an AC-68U. Is there a way I can tell how many streams a wifi client device is using? For example, I have devices that are capable of 2x2 MIMO. I want to find out if they're connecting to my router/access point with 1 or 2 streams.

It`s shown on the Wireless Log page.

But not on a 68U, correct? It would only show PHY.

Possible it's only reported starting with the HND platform, meaning there is no way to retrieve that info otherwise.

I don't know how to find the 'Wireless Log' page. Does it exist for the 68U? From the discussion, it sounds like maybe this isn't available for this router.

I don't know how to find the 'Wireless Log' page. Does it exist for the 68U? From the discussion, it sounds like maybe this isn't available for this router.

Next to general log, on the system log tab. (On my router, anyway).

Ok, I see the wireless log. I never noticed it before. On my router, it just shows PHY, e.g, n or ac. There are also some flags, but I don't know what they represent. I see 'PSTAU'. Can anybody tell me what the flags represent?