What's new

minidlna not finding audio files in 376.47

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dlucks

New Around Here
The other problem I'm seeing with this new version is that it's unable to find the audio files.
Audio files -1
Video files 13
Image files 17

There is a wide variety of audio files I use for testing and it's not finding a single one.

the dlna log file is not giving me any errors. I'm not sure how to turn on debug logging.
I should complete the info AC66U

Last edited:
The other problem I'm seeing with this new version is that it's unable to find the audio files.
Audio files -1
Video files 13
Image files 17

There is a wide variety of audio files I use for testing and it's not finding a single one.

the dlna log file is not giving me any errors. I'm not sure how to turn on debug logging.
I should complete the info AC66U

Hi Dale,

Can you give 376.48 Beta 3 a try? One of the issues that was resolved in it was the fact that inotify support was disabled in 376.47, due to Asus compiling sqlite without enabling threadsafe support in it. The 376.48 version of minidlna is now statically linked against its own version of sqlite that has threadsafe support enabled (while the closed-source TrendMicro DPI engine can still use the shared version).

You could try manually running the minidlna server through SSH if you want to pass it additional command line settings to increase debugging output.

My focus these past two weeks has been in debugging issues related to the upgrade from Samba 3.0.25 to 3.6.24. Now that the last remaining issue should be fixed, I'll try to find some time to take one last look at minidlna before the final 376.48 release (namely for the missing icon issue, and see if I can reproduce the audio scanning issue).

I can try it out after the wife finishes watching a netflix movie.
One thing I noticed is that if I manually add some subdirectories and set the music folder I had to Audio then it finds them. But I'm seeing other erratic results. In one case a directory query returned 4 results but totalmatches was set to 0.
I'm thinking there is some corruption. What I've been doing is unmounting the usb drive, pulling it out, and then sticking it back in. Watching the dlna server startup, and then waiting for cpu usage to go back down to zero. I was hoping it would blow away any db already there and create a new one. But I might just have to delete it by hand. I'll give 48 a try later when I can.
thanks
dale