What's new

minidlna / readydlna on R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Blade

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

I have some issues with minidlna, and I would like to check if the same works for you.
Minidlna works on TV just fine, however BubbleUPNP it trying to do ffprobe, and the file is just not accessible on http://192.168.1.1:8200/MediaItems/123.mkv to do the ffprobe.

This worked fine on Asus router, and I was even able to download the file if I copied the above URL into browser. When I do this on Netgear, the file is unable to be downloaded - it just loads indefinitely.

Can someone that uses DLNA please check if they can download the file when they copy their URL (you can use VLC and click Universal Plug&Play -> Click on the file -> Information, to get the URL) into the browser.

Is this something that can be changed by a settings on the router.

Thanks a lot!

Hmm .. if I do the below on the router itself it does work.

root# curl http://192.168.6.1:8200/MediaItems/36.mkv -o sir.txt
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 10.3M 100 10.3M 0 0 74.4M 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 74.4M

So the file is available on that URL, just not over WiFi ..

New discovery ..

I've connected my laptop via Ethernet cable and downloading via URL in browser works just fine.
Is the issue some WiFi security or something?

Any ideas?

Another discovery, as I was just about to throw the router down the balcony (as I read it could be serial issue, with multicast over WiFi).
Tried flashing OpenWRT (TFTP) - but it boot-looped.
In the end flashed back Stock FW 1.0.2.63_beta and miniDLNA is able to download the file via Browser - which means WIN!

I'm loosing all Voxels features (ssh, transmission, latest libraries), but for some reason miniDLNA is working as expected ..

Bitter sweet ... :\

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!