What's new

Minidnla video content not showing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daviworld

Regular Contributor
Hi folk's,

I've been having a weird issue, since installing the latest alpha, the media server will display only image's and music, but not video content. This started happening after adding a folder with a movie inside it, 2 days ago, prior to everything was working fine. Even after removing the offending item's, initializing the router, and checking the external drive for errors, changing the path, and router info, the problem persists.

Was wondering is there some command's I could try to fix or diagnose the issue? I tried using command's from older thread's, but my router didn't take them. Thread's were between 2014-2016

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Hi folk's,

I've been having a weird issue, since installing the latest alpha, the media server will display only image's and music, but not video content. This started happening after adding a folder with a movie inside it, 2 days ago, prior to everything was working fine. Even after removing the offending item's, initializing the router, and checking the external drive for errors, changing the path, and router info, the problem persists.

Was wondering is there some command's I could try to fix or diagnose the issue? I tried using command's from older thread's, but my router didn't take them. Thread's were between 2014-2016

Questions about the latest alpha are best asked on the dedicated alpha thread

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-9_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.54050/

Questions about the latest alpha are best asked on the dedicated alpha thread

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/384-9_alpha-builds-testing-all-variants.54050/
Hey Jack,

I don't think it's a problem with the alpha firmware just yet, as it was working for a day just fine on the alpha. I think the file and folder somehow crashed the minidnla, as video content stopped showing immediately after.

Traversing via samba on my pc and I could still access and watch content. But, the minidnla on the ps4 and smart TV would not show video content, only image's and music.

I'll revert back to 384_2 just to make sure it isn't the firmware

Hey Jack,

I don't think it's a problem with the alpha firmware just yet, as it was working for a day just fine on the alpha. I think the file and folder somehow crashed the minidnla, as video content stopped showing immediately after.

Traversing via samba on my pc and I could still access and watch content. But, the minidnla on the ps4 and smart TV would not show video content, only image's and music.

I'll revert back to 384_2 just to make sure it isn't the firmware

I ended up downgrading to alpha 1 ending in 516 and it fixed the problem, and when I tried going back to firmware ending with 186 it reintroduced the problem, forcing me to downgrade to the previous alpha to fix the issue again and confirm my findings. This is even after a a factory reset initialization

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!