1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Missing router command section

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by repeater, Jan 12, 2019.

1. repeater

repeater Occasional Visitor

Hey Fellas,

I have a new 86u with latest Merlin. Had some NTFS issues that I solved with EXT4 (we will see). I was poking around and noticed that I can't find the one time command that was there before. It had a disclamore not to run repeating commands or something.

I looked at everywhere. I think it was under admin. storage it would disappear.

Am I missing something? I'm not actually sure what it was used for.

2. thelonelycoder

thelonelycoder Part of the Furniture

The command page has been removed a long time ago. For security reasons. Enable SSH and use an SSH client to access the router.

joegreat likes this.
  3. repeater

repeater Occasional Visitor

Weird it was there for the first couple of days after install. I have had the router a week and flashed it day two. Strange it was there then gone.

Thanks

4. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

I agree - That screen shouldn't be there...

it's from the upstream from a long time ago and was purged - wonder if there was a regression in the code base - might not be a bad idea to deep spider the http pages and see what's there..

5. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Even if you directly access the page by its URL, httpd no longer accepts to run arbitrary commands, so the page wouldn't work.