1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

MOCA 2.0 splitter, slow speeds?

Discussion in 'MoCA, HomePlug, HPNA' started by m3tpe, Jul 2, 2019.

1. m3tpe

m3tpe Occasional Visitor

Right, originally when we took over the house comcast came trying to connect a modem in living room and failed. they couldn't find any signal and asked me where I would like the line-in. I asked them to pull a line to my room and they agreed to do it by fishing a line outdoors. They never went into the crawlspace to diagnose the problems.

Anyways, I found #1 and #2 to be disconnected. #2 and #3 to be compromised by bad splitter.. and #2 and #4 to be ripped out.
    Fixed #1 and #2.. Connected #2 and #3, but can't change the splitter since it's inside the wall. Haven't connected #2 and #4.
    So i'm trying to fine me a solution to get moca into the living room.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman Senior Member

So sorry to have caused you to have to type all that out. I’ve followed the thread and understand your progress and current roadblock (splitter #3 behind wall).

I was just trying to find out where the stray run from splitter #4 ran.

View attachment 18570

3. flyoffacliff

flyoffacliff Occasional Visitor

If you know exactly where the splitter is, I would cut an access hole for it the size of a 2 gang mud-plate. so that way you can access it in the future if necessary. If you don't know where it's located, an electrician with the right tools and experience can probably get pretty close with a cable tracer.

4. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

5. flyoffacliff

flyoffacliff Occasional Visitor

What is the advantage to using any of those instead of MoCa? :)

6. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

They may work where moca will not, especially the passive EoC adapters. You're getting signal there as your cable modem is hitting its full speed, but the moca signals are not. So we can use the wire and not moca. ;)

7. TRANSLITE GLOBAL

TRANSLITE GLOBAL Occasional Visitor

Traslite Global has the MoCA2.5 adapters available in stock. TL-MC84. If you would like to purchase it directly, you can email [email protected] or purchase through Amazon as well. Usually direct emails when referred through SNB forums fetches clients an extra discount.

Thanks,
    Translite Team

8. Samir

Samir Very Senior Member

Thank you for letting us know about the discount. :) I visited the website for the first time--lots of products of the iptv market. :eek: Pretty interesting that you're based out of Chennai--my wife is from Bangalore. :)