What's new

MOCA 2.0 splitter, slow speeds?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Understood. I was just unclear on where the stray coax run from splitter #4 runs.
Right, originally when we took over the house comcast came trying to connect a modem in living room and failed. they couldn't find any signal and asked me where I would like the line-in. I asked them to pull a line to my room and they agreed to do it by fishing a line outdoors. They never went into the crawlspace to diagnose the problems.

Anyways, I found #1 and #2 to be disconnected. #2 and #3 to be compromised by bad splitter.. and #2 and #4 to be ripped out.
Fixed #1 and #2.. Connected #2 and #3, but can't change the splitter since it's inside the wall. Haven't connected #2 and #4.
So i'm trying to fine me a solution to get moca into the living room.

Right, originally when we took over the house comcast came trying to connect a modem in living room and failed. they couldn't find any signal and asked me where I would like the line-in. I asked them to pull a line to my room and they agreed to do it by fishing a line outdoors. They never went into the crawlspace to diagnose the problems.

Anyways, I found #1 and #2 to be disconnected. #2 and #3 to be compromised by bad splitter.. and #2 and #4 to be ripped out.
Fixed #1 and #2.. Connected #2 and #3, but can't change the splitter since it's inside the wall. Haven't connected #2 and #4.
So i'm trying to fine me a solution to get moca into the living room.
So sorry to have caused you to have to type all that out. I’ve followed the thread and understand your progress and current roadblock (splitter #3 behind wall).

I was just trying to find out where the stray run from splitter #4 ran.

View attachment 18570

If you know exactly where the splitter is, I would cut an access hole for it the size of a 2 gang mud-plate. so that way you can access it in the future if necessary. If you don't know where it's located, an electrician with the right tools and experience can probably get pretty close with a cable tracer.

What is the advantage to using any of those instead of MoCa? :)
They may work where moca will not, especially the passive EoC adapters. You're getting signal there as your cable modem is hitting its full speed, but the moca signals are not. So we can use the wire and not moca. ;)

Traslite Global has the MoCA2.5 adapters available in stock. TL-MC84. If you would like to purchase it directly, you can email sales@transliteglobal.com or purchase through Amazon as well. Usually direct emails when referred through SNB forums fetches clients an extra discount.

Thanks,
Translite Team

Traslite Global has the MoCA2.5 adapters available in stock. TL-MC84. If you would like to purchase it directly, you can email sales@transliteglobal.com or purchase through Amazon as well. Usually direct emails when referred through SNB forums fetches clients an extra discount.

Thanks,
Translite Team
Thank you for letting us know about the discount. :) I visited the website for the first time--lots of products of the iptv market. :eek: Pretty interesting that you're based out of Chennai--my wife is from Bangalore. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!