What's new

MoCA PoE filter question with external OTA antenna (no cable TV)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is your cable installer an experienced TV antenna installer ? Does he have a TV spectrum analyzer for tuning the antenna direction ?
Hi degrub, yes he is. He is an ACMA cabler and does security systems as well as TV antennas, tuning etc.

I’ve asked him to test our tv signal etc when he is up there .
Are the TV transmitters located in one direction ?
They look to be pointing in one direction.

if so, you might use a highly directional antenna if you don't already.
He thinks we should be ok as we’re not in a valley but near the top of our hilly neighborhood which is good. He’ll test everything but does not think a booster is necessary at this stage. Not too sure what type of antenna we have to be honest but the last tv signal inspection we had, the booster was removed due to interference.

AVSforum is a good source for detailed information and help.
Thanks for that….I’ll check it out :)
Pull 2 CAT6 cables to each location if you do. Have them terminated and certified by the installer for 10 Gbit/s if you can or at least 2.5 or 5. That will buy you some future usage and cable damage mitigation.
Be good to future proof…..I’ve asked him to let me know what the price differential is on the CAT cables. Our main challenge is that our walls are insulated as well so not a lot of ‘give’ and we don’t really want cables (although enclosed) running across skirting boards, corners or walls etc so we’re trying to figure out how best to place the data points on the internal walls. Thinking of using a network plate with two ports at this stage.

Thank you again for all your help with this! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!