What's new

modmon modmon - WebUI for monitoring Virgin Hub 3 cable modem stats

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Would graphing Virgin Media Superhub 3 stats from Merlin be useful for you?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[mention]Jack Yaz [/mention]

I am assuming that in order for this to work well for those who are using a VPN service and have Policy Rules enabled, the router would have to go through WAN and the rest of devices would be routed through the VPN, correct?

Currently, all my devices including the router are going through VPN.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It requires your router to be able to access the IP address of your cable modem

It requires your router to be able to access the IP address of your cable modem

Yep, that is what I figured. Thank you.

I am not able to access my modem’s IP when I route everything through VPN but when I apply the other option in Policy rules which I mentioned above, I am able to do so.

Yep, that is what I figured. Thank you.

I am not able to access my modem’s IP when I route everything through VPN but when I apply the other option in Policy rules which I mentioned above, I am able to do so.

same here, I have VPN PBR rule for it , e.g.
upload_2020-4-16_13-14-6.png

Hi Jack

Since updating to v1.0.0 I seem to have two tabs in the web gui, e.g.
upload_2020-4-16_20-14-1.png

The 'Modem Monitoring' tab shows 'No data to display' and is using user5.asp which is also used by the Addons button.
The 'Cable Modem Stats' tab displays the expected data but clicking the expand/collapse section headers now takes 15-20s to open and display the charts (was previously instant)

I removed all addons and restarted httpd but the Addons button and 'Modem Monitoring' tab remain.
I reinstalled all three addons but issue with duplicate modmon tabs and slow display of the charts remains.

I haven't rebooted but can do; unless you first have any suggestions how I can do a cleanup of user5.asp and hopefully speed-up the display of the charts?

thanks
Jon

EDIT: duplicate tab gone after a reboot. Charts still slow to open but not a big deal.

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-16_20-13-55.png
    upload_2020-4-16_20-13-55.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Anything planned that this will also support DSL Modems like the vigor 130?! :D

Hi Jack

Since updating to v1.0.0 I seem to have two tabs in the web gui, e.g.
View attachment 22744

The 'Modem Monitoring' tab shows 'No data to display' and is using user5.asp which is also used by the Addons button.
The 'Cable Modem Stats' tab displays the expected data but clicking the expand/collapse section headers now takes 15-20s to open and display the charts (was previously instant)

I removed all addons and restarted httpd but the Addons button and 'Modem Monitoring' tab remain.
I reinstalled all three addons but issue with duplicate modmon tabs and slow display of the charts remains.

I haven't rebooted but can do; unless you first have any suggestions how I can do a cleanup of user5.asp and hopefully speed-up the display of the charts?

thanks
Jon

EDIT: duplicate tab gone after a reboot. Charts still slow to open but not a big deal.
All csvs now need to load before the charts will appear. It shouldn't take too long, though. Are you using raw data or average data?

All csvs now need to load before the charts will appear. It shouldn't take too long, though. Are you using raw data or average data?

haven't changed anything, looks lke raw; so I assume these are the default settings?
upload_2020-4-16_22-0-28.png

I may reverse my decision for raw as the default on fresh installs. Can you toggle to average and let me know if performance is improved?

much faster when set to average, also the charts look cleaner, e.g.
average:
upload_2020-4-16_22-6-7.png

raw:
upload_2020-4-16_22-7-20.png

Have ac86u and virginmedia hub 3.0 (http://192.168.100.1/) in bridge mode but I get this

modmon: Something went wrong trying to retrieve cable modem stats

do I need to put the password in some config files?

Hm that's weird. What firmware version is it running?

Virgin Media Hub 3.0 device information
The information below shows current status of this Virgin Media Hub 3.0.
Standard specification compliant : DOCSIS 3.0
Hardware version : 5.01
Software version : CH7465LG-NCIP-6.12.18.25-2p4-NOSH
Cable MAC address : 38:43:7D:XX:XX:XX
Cable modem serial number : DEAP81010AF7
System up time : 2day(s)0h:35m:15s
Network access : Allowed

@clvk07 That's strange. I can see that login URL and also the firmware version being used across Europe by various ISP's (who just re-brand the GUI like Virgin do).

Are you a new Virgin Media customer or outside the UK (i.e. Ireland)?

@clvk07 That's strange. I can see that login URL and also the firmware version being used across Europe by various ISP's (who just re-brand the GUI like Virgin do).

Are you a new Virgin Media customer or outside the UK (i.e. Ireland)?

Yes virgin media Ireland no option to disable the password