What's new

Monitor Advice !!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ascanio1

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I know that here we discuss mainly networks but I have found people here to be much more practical and supportive than elsewhere.

I want to buy a second hand monitor for my laptop & docking station setup.
I want 21" or 22", widescreen, HDMI and in built webcam (possibly also speakers but this is not so important).

Can you please offer me advice as to which was (or were) the best monitors 3 or 4 years ago in this category? I'll then look for it on eBay, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Tommaso

Hi,

I know that here we discuss mainly networks but I have found people here to be much more practical and supportive than elsewhere.

I want to buy a second hand monitor for my laptop & docking station setup.
I want 21" or 22", widescreen, HDMI and in built webcam (possibly also speakers but this is not so important).

Can you please offer me advice as to which was (or were) the best monitors 3 or 4 years ago in this category? I'll then look for it on eBay, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Tommaso

Best to buy new with it comes to monitors. Used ones you really don't know the condition of it. Even if it's a repaired (factory service) doesn't mean it's going to last like a new one.

If you have to buy one get ACER. I had just got another ACER 24" LED/LCD HD 1920 x 1080p monitor over the weekend. Cost local B&M is $159 online it's $143.

ACER 21" HD 1600 x 1200 cost is $129 or $99 to $119.

Ports are: VGA, DVI or VGA, DVI and HDMI
These ACER Monitors comes with the cables: Power Cord, VGA, DVI or HDMI or 4 cables are in the box.

I had factory serviced ACER 24" (23" VIS = visual image size) 1920x1080p the issue was that it would never go into sleep completely always said on the screen input cable not connected. It was like in mint condition except for that error and not going into sleep. That cost me like $99 bucks.

The other brands like DELL, HP, and Samsung are okay. You really need to visit a store that has what you want online prior to buying it. So you can see what it offers.

Also make sure you buy a monitor base the max res your PC can handle.

Example: since my can do 1920x1080 so I just need a monitor that can handle that res.

If your system can handle this res and you opt for 19 to 21" not can only do 1600 x 1200 you won't be able to use 1920x1080 on it.

Thanks for the advice. You're right, I should visit a store before buying it.

But I bought a 2nd hand Anatrex 21" (not DVI) in 2001 and it is still working perfectly.

Can you advise me which monitors were considred the best money could buy or top of the line, with top reviwes, a few years ago?

Tommaso