What's new

Move client host from guest network to regular network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bertilak

Regular Contributor
I have a device that, when I set it up, I selected the guest network to connect to. Now I want to place it on the regular network. I found the device's setup process a bit cumbersome so don't want to go through it again if I can make the change using the router's web page.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

RT-AC86U with Merlin 386.4.

Which SSID the client connects to is down to the client not the router. The only way around that would be to change the name your primary SSID to that of the guest network (after renaming the guest network to something else) and reconfigure every WiFi device connected to it.

Which SSID the client connects to is down to the client not the router. The only way around that would be to change the name your primary SSID to that of the guest network (after renaming the guest network to something else) and reconfigure every WiFi device connected to it.
Well, that doesn't look like it would simplify things! I guess I'll break out the instructions for the device!

OK, it was much simpler to re-install than I remembered. Took about 3 minutes.

RESLOVED!

Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!