What's new

Multiple External HDD via USB Hub, Is It Possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LoneWolf3574

Occasional Visitor
The title says it all, I've got a spare USB hubs sitting around collecting dust and currently 2 (soon to be more) external usb hdd enclosures. I just want to know if it is possible or has been done before by anybody with any ASUS router and what the results were. Before anybody goes and says just get a RAID enclosure and RAID or JBOD them, that's the idea eventually but I've got the multiple enclosures and spare drives available now.

I also have plans for the 2nd usb port and connecting my HP Officejet Pro 8500 to it. Why usb allows me to access all its functions and ethernet won't is another problem for another forum.

The title says it all, I've got a spare USB hubs sitting around collecting dust and currently 2 (soon to be more) external usb hdd enclosures. I just want to know if it is possible or has been done before by anybody with any ASUS router and what the results were. Before anybody goes and says just get a RAID enclosure and RAID or JBOD them, that's the idea eventually but I've got the multiple enclosures and spare drives available now.

I also have plans for the 2nd usb port and connecting my HP Officejet Pro 8500 to it. Why usb allows me to access all its functions and ethernet won't is another problem for another forum.

Hello,

Currently ASUS routers do not support more than one device per USB port. Also, our routers do not support more than 1 printer connected at the same time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!