What's new

Multiple IP addresses

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jloper

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT-AX88U router and have installed the Merlin Firmware. I am converting from an RV016 which had the ability to map external IP addresses to internal IP addresses.
I have been unable to figure out how to allow the router to accept packets from any of my 7 static IP addresses.

How do I configure my router to accept packets from this sub net of IP addresses: 68.142.164.112/29

Thanks,

jloper

You can't, the router is designed around the assumption that the WAN interface has one IP address. It doesn't support multiple WAN addresses.

You can't, the router is designed around the assumption that the WAN interface has one IP address. It doesn't support multiple WAN addresses.
OK. Any idea of another router which would support multiple IP addresses (block) and support 1 to 1 NAT / Forwarding ?

Sorry, it's not something I've looked into. I know some of the Cisco small business routers can do it, and I think MikroTik and some TP-Link's also do.

EDIT: Just remembered you said you had an RV016 so you already know about Cisco.