What's new

Multiple usb drives via USB 3 hub on AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kanchan Ray

Occasional Visitor
Hi - I am trying to attach a USB 3 hub and 3 drives on AC68U. It just mounts 1 of the 3 drives and the other 2 stays unmounted. I have checked the drive etc. Also - they same hub when connected to a AC5300 - all 3 work well. Is there any way to mount multiple USB drives on a AC68U? Thanks,

Last edited:
You will just need to try another USB hub with a different chipset inside.

Is this a powered USB hub? If not, those are the models to try next.

The RT-AC5300 is newer than the RT-AC68U (late 2013 vs. early 2016), so the fact that it works on it isn't too surprising. But the older router with the correspondingly older chipset may have limitations.

One may be the fact that your link shows 'Mac' compatible.

I say maybe try another (more standard) USB hub (this is quite different than what is described in the title).

The RT-AC5300 is newer than the RT-AC68U (late 2013 vs. early 2016), so the fact that it works on it isn't too surprising. But the older router with the correspondingly older chipset may have limitations.

I agree - RT-AC68U was remarkably inconsistent on the USB 3 port with more than one drive attached.

If one can see the devices, one can try to mount and map the drives manually, if that works, then a script can do it.

Hi - I am trying to attach a USB 3 hub and 3 drives on AC68U. It just mounts 1 of the 3 drives and the other 2 stays unmounted. I have checked the drive etc. Also - they same hub when connected to a AC5300 - all 3 work well. Is there any way to mount multiple USB drives on a AC68U? Thanks,
Maybe try troubleshooting the USB 3.0 port, on the GUI. Change it to USB 2.0 mode and see if that will allow the router to see/access all 3 drives. Administration>>USB Setting>>USB Mode>>USB 2.0. Just to see if it will work, very slow access if it does, unfortunately.

Maybe try troubleshooting the USB 3.0 port, on the GUI. Change it to USB 2.0 mode and see if that will allow the router to see/access all 3 drives. Administration>>USB Setting>>USB Mode>>USB 2.0. Just to see if it will work, very slow access if it does, unfortunately.
I'm guessing he found a solution as he hasn't replied to this thread for 7 months.

I'm guessing he found a solution as he hasn't replied to this thread for 7 months.
That's pretty funny. Didn't notice. Just followed the 2 prior posters from earlier today.

The ORICO A3H4-BK power usb 3.0 hub worked but I had to reboot the router with one usb drive plugged in, wait 5 mins, and then plug in another.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!