What's new

My ASUS ROG AC5300 can't AIMESH with the ASUS AC-88U and can't detect the AI node.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anonymousjoker

New Around Here
How do I setup my 2 routers in an AIMESH system? Newbie question. I've updated the software on both to the latest directly from the ASUS website. But my ROG AC5300 can't detect my AC-88U as the node. What should I do?

yes you can. very often you need to put 2nd router as Node and then will reboot but main router you need to clear nvram and then try to setup AiMesh

Hi I managed to get It to connect when it's side by side but when I shifted the node to my room, I checked the app and it shows the node as offline. How do I fix this?
yes you can. very often you need to put 2nd router as Node and then will reboot but main router you need to clear nvram and then try to setup AiMesh

It is suggested that the firmware is identical on all models for maximum performance and reliability.

How long did you wait for the node to connect?

It is suggested that the firmware is identical on all models for maximum performance and reliability.

How long did you wait for the node to connect?
It only connected when I used a Ethernet cable to connect from the LAN port of my main router to the WAN port of node. After trying to wirelessely connect and placing the node in my room, it didn't work. What should I do next?

What specific router models do you have and what firmware is running on each?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!