What's new

My RT-AC66U-B1 "throwing away" my flash memory for no reason

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

barutchiev

Regular Contributor
Hello.
I have installed scripts on the flash memory placed on the USB 3 port. From 2 weeks my router has been "throwing away" USB memory for no reason. What could be the problem? If I change the flash memory on USB 2, will the scripts continue to work correctly?
Many thanks to everyone in this great forum !!!

ASUS RT-AC66U B1-
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18
-(Diversion+Entware+Skynet+ scribe +uiScribe )

Hello.
I have installed scripts on the flash memory placed on the USB 3 port. From 2 weeks my router has been "throwing away" USB memory for no reason. What could be the problem? If I change the flash memory on USB 2, will the scripts continue to work correctly?
Many thanks to everyone in this great forum !!!

ASUS RT-AC66U B1-
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.18
-(Diversion+Entware+Skynet+ scribe +uiScribe )
Sure, it works on USB 2 port just as well, maybe a tad slower.

Sure, it works on USB 2 port just as well, maybe a tad slower.
And what could be the reason for the disposal? Do I need to do anything other than transfer the USB flash drive to USB 2 and restart the router?

And what could be the reason for the disposal? Do I need to do anything other than transfer the USB flash drive to USB 2 and restart the router?
I don't know what you mean with disposal but to change the attached port it is best to power off the router, change it and then power it back on.

I don't know what you mean with disposal but to change the attached port it is best to power off the router, change it and then power it back on.
I mean, my router is disconnecting the USB memory for no reason

Screenshot_2020-08-01-12-57-32.png

Yes, it is set to NO.

After changing the usb port, Skynet did not work properly and did not write blocked addresses in the log. The restart script didn't help either. I had to uninstall and reinstall it. Everything is good now. Thanks to @thelonelycoder for the great work and help.
I will monitor the operation of the flash memory through USB 2 and I will see if it will be disconnect again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!