What's new

My three Blue Caves flipped out today

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mlarma

New Around Here
I had two Blue Caves in a mesh with the main one in AP mode. I have a separate firewall handling DHCP and DNS (and firewall stuff) so the BC in AP mode wasn’t doing much. This seemed to have started yesterday but my Wi-Fi just went sideways. 2.4 GHz disappeared and the 5GHz just wasn’t usable. It’d disconnect and then be unable to connect again. Our Echo shows said incorrect password, which wasn’t true. I replaced that AP twice after doing a factory reset. (I had one other in the mesh and one that was a media bridge). Also of course tore down the mesh so I only had one AP and it did the same thing. Ethernet was totally fine the whole time. If I restarted the AP, it would work for a few minutes and die again. Nothing with that config with the APs or firewall has changed in months. The only new thing in the network and it is on the 2.4 side is an Arlo Essential doorbell. It’s been working for about a week now so ummm what’s going on here? Anyone else see this before?

check the power supply plug in modules. Did you have a power blip or something recently ?
Other than that, try a factory reset if that is available.

Already did that. Am convinced it’s due to the new doorbell. That’s the only new thing i know of on 2.4. The only other thing i saw was the Amazon Echo shows updating firmware. Anyway these are EOL so I’m taking the hint lol.