What's new

n66u with merlin 380.68 and port forward help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

born2ride

Occasional Visitor
Not sure was i am messing up but i can not seem to get my port open after upgrading to this version.

Source target - i am inputting my Comcast external ip
Port range - used 81
Local port - 81
Protocol- set to both

Fails port test from open port check tool

I am trying to access my blue iris pc with the blue iris phone app!

Attachments

• port.JPG
    port.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 584
Check under System Log -> Forwarded Ports. If it shows there, then the issue is probably either the WAN IP, or the LAN IP you used.

Check under System Log -> Forwarded Ports. If it shows there, then the issue is probably either the WAN IP, or the LAN IP you used.
I do not see either ip in list on the port forward log section. do you want a pic of log?

The rule is there at the top. Is the Comcast IP a separate connection to the connection used by the Blue Iris?

If you're trying to access the PC from anywhere, you would leave Source blank. This means any IP can then try to access the server.

Jack has the answer.

This is wrong. The source is the remote user's IP address not your own WAN address.

I sort of understand what you are saying. I have a question on " The source is the remote user's IP address not your own" remote user is my iPhone's ip address??

I deleted the old rule and made new one , it is allowing access now but can anyone view?

Attachments

• portforward2JPG.JPG
    portforward2JPG.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 309
I have a question on " The source is the remote user's IP address not your own" remote user is my iPhone's ip address??
Yes, it will be your phones internet IP address. So if you go to www.whatsmyip.org from your phone it will be that address. Being a phone, that address will probably change from time to time.

it is allowing access now but can anyone view?
Well anyone can connect, but does the landing page require the person to log in before it allows them to view anything?

Yes, it will be your phones internet IP address. So if you go to www.whatsmyip.org from your phone it will be that address. Being a phone, that address will probably change from time to time.

Well anyone can connect, but does the landing page require the person to log in before it allows them to view anything?
Do i need to make a rule for all phones viewing?

Do i need to make a rule for all phones viewing?
Not as you have it set up at the moment because it's set to "ALL". But if you want to lock it down by IP address then you need to know the IP address of each phone and create individual rules accordingly.

Not as you have it set up at the moment because it's set to "ALL". But if you want to lock it down by IP address then you need to know the IP address of each phone and create individual rules accordingly.
ok think i am all sorted out now ,thanks million!! you saved me!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!