What's new

NAS BitTorrent anonymity through SSH proxy server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

optical10

New Around Here
After 48 hours of searching the Internet I realised I'm out of my depth so here is my question.

Can I use DNS-323 as a SSH proxy server to hide its BitTorrent IP address?

I use the BitTorrent software built into the D-Link DNS-323, via the add-on firmware solution which I'm more than happy with, but because I do not run a VPN or a SSH proxy server like BTguard my IP address is exposed.
I would use an external paid solution like BTguard but as far as I'm aware it only runs on a Windows not Linux box's and I want to use the low resources hogging of the always-on D-Link DNS-323, as opposed to building a PC server which I don't believe will beat the ARM processor in my current NAS.

Solutions like the fun_plug runnable "Polipo - a caching web proxy", seem to be close but I'm not sure if they would work, so I'm open to any suggestions here.
Apart from BitTorrent's anonymity I would also like to keep my general web browsing at home and roaming anonymous to.

I would also be open to any new NAS suggestions that would work better for this solution as well as a DLNA server built-in for audio connection to my android Sony tablet.

Hope I'm not wasting your time with my amateur questions and thanks in advance for any help/advice.