What's new

NAS streaming advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

One thing that I have noticed with this new switch setup is that although my 90Mbps file works it will only do so for a day or so and then it will stutter unless I reboot the NAS. Not a massive problem as I'm not going to be playing back files this high but I would love to find out what slows down the NAS as all it does is moves movie files and play them.

One thing that I have noticed with this new switch setup is that although my 90Mbps file works it will only do so for a day or so and then it will stutter unless I reboot the NAS. Not a massive problem as I'm not going to be playing back files this high but I would love to find out what slows down the NAS as all it does is moves movie files and play them.
that shouldn't happen. Hope it's not a software memory leak in the NAS software causing it to page a lot as time goes by, until a reboot. You should see that in displays of free-memory, etc.