What's new

NAT Issue - Microsoft Teams connection drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks2020

New Around Here
Hey folks,

Apologies ahead of time if I miss adding any key information, but I am new to the forum and have been battling the following issue for quite some time.

My router: Netgear R7000
Firmware: Xwrt-vortex 384.14_2 (was running the latest 386.2_4 but downgraded as a test).

I just started running into an issue whereby Microsoft Teams will drop my connection (wifi and/or wired) after about 10 seconds. What's also strange is that I can hear others on the call for that duration, but no one can hear me or see my video. This does appear to have started happening out of no where, and I've tried a few things:

a) disabling firewall
b) port forwarding teams UDP/TCP ports (50000:50050)
c) disabling NAT passthrough for SIP/H.323/RTSP
d) resetting my ONT (fiber)
e) firmware upgrade
f) hardware reset (30 seconds) and reconfigure.

None of the above worked except for when I disabled NAT acceleration under Switch Control... This cripples my gigabit connection, so I'd rather try and figure this out.. What's also interesting is that I replaced the router with my neighbors spare as a test (Asus RT-AX86) and everything also worked as it should (this router doesn't appear to have NAT configurations under Switch Control, perhaps because of stock firmware)..

I'm open to any/all ideas and suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Microsoft Teams has been having issues worldwide. Is that the problem?

My router: Netgear R7000
Firmware: Xwrt-vortex 384.14_2 (was running the latest 386.2_4 but downgraded as a test).
You are using illegal firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.