What's new

Need advice/help for Rt-ax88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sr71bb

New Around Here
Having a strange problem with my Rt-ax88u.......just bought it August 9th.......ran like a race car till the WiFi came to a crawl about five days later......I have 300 MB’s speed and I got no more than 5 or 6 MB’s when the issue popped up......wired was no problem good speeds......I’m running up to date firmware and no third party software.......when I reboot it all is back to normal for a few days.......I had this same problem with a tplink AX6000 I just returned.......I see they both have the Broadcom 49408 chip in them......could this be the issue.......my Comcast tg1862g router has always been rock solid and no hiccups........I haven’t changed any settings yet in the Ax88u.......it’s still stock settings.......I’m still within my return period......not sure if I should return and go with my old router/modem combo or what.......I know WiFi 6E is around the corner.........but I like this router.......just not rebooting it every few days..........

Reactions: DME
No killer software.........
EeChF7M.gif