What's new

Need advice on how to deal with new xfi gateway from comcast

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

calvin tran

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I have a netgear CM600 as the gateway to my router RT-AX86S. I just upgraded to unlimited data plan with Comcast and I have to use their provided wifi router.
So now my AX86S is behind another router and both of them have firewall enabled. I am not ready to make big changes like turning my AX86S into a AP since I am afraid to disrupt all the devices at home and I prefer to use the settings of Asus. I set the firewall for the comcast router at minimum so my AX86S is doing the main protection. I am wondering if I can increase the security level on my comcast router and disable the firewall on my Asus AX86S.
Thx, Calvin.

Hello,
I have a netgear CM600 as the gateway to my router RT-AX86S. I just upgraded to unlimited data plan with Comcast and I have to use their provided wifi router.
So now my AX86S is behind another router and both of them have firewall enabled. I am not ready to make big changes like turning my AX86S into a AP since I am afraid to disrupt all the devices at home and I prefer to use the settings of Asus. I set the firewall for the comcast router at minimum so my AX86S is doing the main protection. I am wondering if I can increase the security level on my comcast router and disable the firewall on my Asus AX86S.
Thx, Calvin.
Is the unlimited data plan promotional which will end at somepoint?

Go to 10.0.0.1 and enable bridge mode

you can find the default login credentials online if you haven’t changed them already.