What's new

Need help - NAT issues when using PIA openvpn client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@ghostwolf59 you need to look closer. :)

The v43E6 firmware is current as of April 16th of this year. Many, many security fixes and maybe most importantly, amtm support too over the firmware you are using.

Don't look at when the thread was first posted!

LATEST RELEASE: Update-43E6
16-April-2020
Merlin fork 374.43_43E6j9527
Download http://bit.ly/1YdgUcP
============================

You're selling your router short if you don't at least try this RMerlin fork. :)

Dont know where to look for that, but transmission is a well proven and possible the most commonly used torrent tool that dont require a client.
I dont need to worry about anything - FreeNAS installation of transmission sort it for me. Im way passed using a client to download stuff.
... and with radarr, sonarr and jacket in the mix its a breeze ;)
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that there was a separate client for Transmission. Apparently Transmission added µTP support in 2011.

@ghostwolf59 you need to look closer. :)

The v43E6 firmware is current as of April 16th of this year. Many, many security fixes and maybe most importantly, amtm support too over the firmware you are using.

Don't look at when the thread was first posted!

You're selling your router short if you don't at least try this RMerlin fork. :)

Will look into it. Just a bit worried going back to a release *forked out before my current firmware* - Last I want it so find myself with a bricked router - Dont have anything decent to fall back on - and other that this port forwarding issue, I dont have any issues with it - serves me well.

Btw. Dont suppose you have a suggestion or two when it comes to VoIP and my thoughts of using an old VoIP enabled router/modem connected to my ASUS lan port? - I can see it, but phone doesnt work and I suspect its because that routers WAN port is disconnected

I'll keep saying it. The @john9527 RMerlin fork is newer than your current firmware. By years. :)

Sorry, no suggestions for your VoIP issues. Nothing I've ever come across or had to troubleshoot before.