What's new

Need help solving issue with ASUS RT-AX3000v2 router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jiggyhiemeeschmidt

New Around Here
So recently I purchased the ASUS RT-AX3000v2. Set everything up and everything has been working fine. Firmware version is: 3.0.0.4.386_49674 or 3.0.0.4.386_49674-ge182230. It's been like 2 weeks and now all of a sudden I am having issues. The router is resetting itself occasionally causing the wifi to go off for a minute or two. That being said, I went into the system log and it seems that the router is encountering and logging the same four events over and over, so many times. They are the following:

wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth2: Deauth_ind 10:62:E5:45:D2:99, status: 0, reason: 4-way handshake timeout (f), rssi:-31
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(494): eth2: Deauth_ind 10:62:E5:45:D2:99, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1), rssi:-21
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(530): eth2: Auth 10:62:E5:45:D2:99, status: Successful (0), rssi:-21
wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(540): eth2: ReAssoc 10:62:E5:45:D2:99, status: Successful (0), rssi:-21

I have tried googling possible solutions for this issue for a few hours now and have come up with nothing. I have factory reset the router, I have disabled WPA2 and re-enabled, I have unplugged and turned it back on........I even tried changing the firmware to the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware before figuring out the v2 model router is not supported because the hardware is different from the original AX3000 model. As a side note, that address listed in the events does not appear on my network and I double checked all of my connected devices and none of them have that address. I would greatly appreciate any help.

A quick lookup says that the MAC prefix 10:62:E5 is assigned to Hewlett-Packard ... got any HP gear nearby? I'm wondering about a printer that you thought you'd turned off the wireless for, or something like that.

I do have an HP printer that connects to wifi and it is currently powered on. However, I have not set it up to work with this newer router/network.

Well, that trace looks a whole lot like a client repeatedly trying to connect and failing auth, which would be unsurprising if you didn't give it the password... Do those log entries stop if you power down the printer?

Right ... so you probably want to poke into the printer's configuration and make sure its wireless stuff is actually turned off. Or else give it the password so it can connect normally.

However, what that mainly will do is stop these log entries, which frankly I think you could ignore just as easily. The real question is whether this has got anything to do with the router's instability. I'm not sure about that. If you use this site's "better search" tab you will find quite a few prior reports of the same kind of symptom, and some of them say that they were able to resolve it with a firmware update or the like. So maybe ASUS' firmware actually does have trouble with repeated auth failures, though that seems surprising.

Anyway, if you can do without the printer's services for a few days, the obvious next step would be to leave it off and see if things get any better.