What's new

Need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gahansen93

New Around Here
So I help a friend set to his internet at a business he owns. The Internet was running through a Linksys router and I helped him set up the app. Well the Internet was running fine and then he accidentally rebooted the router to factory settings. And now no matter what I do I can’t seem to get the router to work. The modem works fine and the Internet is fine and gets to the router alright but the router WiFi or even Ethernet won’t work. It’s not letting me use the Internet. I even tried using a different router and that one is having the same exact issues. I don’t know what to do at this point. Thank you. I forgot to mention that the place is big and has 2 buildings. Each building has its own router and the other router is working fine.

Last edited:
rebooted the router to factory settings. And now no matter what I do I can’t seem to get the router to work.

Sounds like IP conflict to me.
Is the modem's default IP and the router's default IP the same by chance?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!