What's new

need to block dns port 53 and redirect to 443

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alvinh

Occasional Visitor
i'm using rt-ac5300 on merlin 386.1_2 work nicely, i just wanto to use opendns so i can block several web and secure my connect for my childs. but put opendns to dns setting on asus won't work, because my ISP hijack my dns.

i tried using dnsfilter still no luck

so iwant to block port 53 and redirects to 443 so i cant use opendns, but only find tutorials for mikrotik. what can i do to accomplish this on asus router? thank you for your kind help

If your ISP is hijacking your DNS, a DNS Filter won't do the job because it's still traditional DNS.

You either need to use DoT/DoH or a VPN. The WAN supports DoT w/ your choice of providers, but I don't know if OpenDNS is one of those providers (I don't see it in the list). If you insist on OpenDNS and DoT isn't available, you may have to use a VPN to route that DNS traffic within the VPN tunnel so the ISP can't see it, let alone redirect it. Or you could try one of the other DoT providers (e.g., CleanBrowsing) rather than OpenDNS.

i'm using rt-ac5300 on merlin 386.1_2 work nicely, i just wanto to use opendns so i can block several web and secure my connect for my childs. but put opendns to dns setting on asus won't work, because my ISP hijack my dns.

i tried using dnsfilter still no luck

so iwant to block port 53 and redirects to 443 so i cant use opendns, but only find tutorials for mikrotik. what can i do to accomplish this on asus router? thank you for your kind help
DNSCrypt-proxy 2 has support for OpenDNS/Cisco (DNSCrypt & DNS over HTTPS servers)
The DNSCrypt Installer for Asuswrt-Merlin has built in support OpenDNS dynamic IP update by entering your OpenDNS/Cisco account information
Hope this can help :)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!